Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Good Coffee and Creepy Cars


           Well this wasn’t on the original list, but I will have you know the list is growing day by day.  It’s been a while because… well school sucks.  A 20 page paper about illegal immigration, a semester long Public Relations assignment, and some how Christian Tradition is kicking my butt.  Hence why this post is all about studying, because that’s what I have been doing.

            My mind always seems to wander when I am doing my work.  I start thinking about all the other things I have to do, and how I hope I will have enough time to make a decent dinner and go for a run.  These thoughts NEED to stop.  Sometimes I think I wasn’t diagnosed with ADHD as a child, then other times I just have to say to myself, “Beck pull it together.”

            Some places are good for busy work, some places have better coffee than others, and some are cleaner than others. It never ends… just like my homework.
            So. I began to switch it up. Library, the Living Room Cafe, Panera, Starbucks, Peets, The PBC (Point Loma’s coffee shop, and my good ole apartment. 
            
Well here it is:

1.     Library- pretty good, easy to drift, but I get to see my friends
2.     The Living Room Cafe- dirty and tables for people who are 5’2
3.     PBC- I saw 2 friends and ended up chatting for an hour
4.     Peets- Great coffee, nice people, comfy chairs
5.     My apartment- all I want to do is talk to my roomies or go to sleep

Then I got creative and sorta weird. I decided that my car, with the seats folded down parked by the ocean, would and could be the perfect place for me to clear my thoughts. I headed to sunset cliffs with blankets and pillows and my laptop.  I sat in the back of my car, listened to music, and let myself write.  It was going pretty well, until I realized the car to my left, was to youngsters escaping mom and dad’s house… if you catch my drift.  And the car to my right, was a creepy white van, that had a mysterious red laser shining from the window.  ( picture: me in my car... HA!)

           
Thus, leading me to award the most conducive studying environment to … PEETS (my dad should be proud J ) not to mention REALLY GOOD coffee... vanilla latte or chai tea in the ceramic cups... just sayin...
            

No comments:

Post a Comment