Saturday, December 18, 2010

Four Inch Heels and My Little Black Dress


Im a little late... I know. But during finals week, I pretty much lived in the library and potentially had more coffee in my system than water.  On the bright side, I successfully wrote a 20 page paper on the economic recession and illegal immigration and completed a semester long public relations project with a non-profit in San Diego, both of which Im very proud of.  So this is what I've been up to....

Wearing a tight black dress and four inch heels isn’t my usual every Friday night attire, but when I got the “Evite” to go to a black and white Christmas party, I couldn’t deny the opportunity.  The dress was easy.  It was cute, it was on sale, and I justified it by remembering that when I am 40 I wont be able to wear things like this without getting ridiculed by the PTA moms.  I am 20, in college, so carpe diem, I thought… $17 dollars later and the dress was mine. 
            The heels were a last minute decision.  The black dress wasn’t a good partner with my always-bruised legs. Yes I have been checked for Anemia in my days, and no I don’t have it.  Unfortunately for me and my dress, I am just an easy bruiser.  I added black tights to the mix, which looked way to bizarre with my every-occasion-pair of simple black flats. 
            That’s when I took the plunge. I am single. I am 6 foot tall. And I don’t give a care in the world to be another 4 inches.  After rummaging through Dana’s collection of heels, I found the perfect pair of caged black heels and thought to myself, “Oh yea Beck, tonight’s the night.” After getting ready with my girlies, while listening to Destiny’s Child hits like “Bootylicious” or my personal favorite, “Im a Survivor”, we were ready to make our entrance. 
            I thought wearing heels would potentially make me insecure, but it did the exact opposite.  I was a giant and I knew that, so I decided to be confident in knowing that.  And after several conversations of boys looking up at me, I realized, they really aren’t that intimidated.
            The party was so much fun!  I danced with my best friends, and my partner and I successfully won three games of pool, in a row!  I don’t think 4 inches heels are going to be part of my everyday wardrobe, but from now on, if the heels look better with the dress, I am goin for it!  



If you havent noticed. Im not on facebook. Yep im one in a million people who chose to deactivate and hope their social life still continues on.   Im just taking a little break from it, so my blog posts will be posted on friends' walls! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS :)

2 comments: