Friday, October 1, 2010

Nudie Cuties












Lets see, how do I go about writing about this one. Let me start off by saying I have the best friends and roommates I could have ever wanted and needed. These
girls are all so different and all so amazing. We are a family. Laughter has brought us together, along with seasons of tears. We teach Shea Spanish, she helps us cook, EJ magically cleans the house and wears fancy business outfits, Courtney ligh
ts candles and shows us funny youtube videos, Dana makes us laugh and only has sufficient groceries if her mom comes to visit. They are a blessing and God has shown his love for me, by giving me them.
NOSING… its what crazy Point Loma kids do. NOSING of course stands for NAKED OCEAN SWIMMING… I’ve never done it, and what better bonding expe
rience could there be? So that was the plan, Thursday…at night, we would find a beach strip down our bathing suits and swim free in the ocean, to laugh harder than I have in a long time, and of course feel liberated.
We hopped in the Jetta, listen to inspirational rap music, and head down to South Mission Beach. You think the ocean is scary during the day
… try it at night! It was so creepy and the tide was unusually low. We couldn’t turn back now though… so there we stood.
No one was allowed to chicken out, even though EJ tried.
We bit the bullet, tore of our bathing suits and ran toward the big blue ocean. The water wasn’t as cold as you would think or maybe that was the adrenaline. We went head under, and just laughed… and laughed.. and laughed… what on earth are we
doing?? Earlier in the day Courtney was talking to her mom who refers to her as “ College Courtney,” and said “ Mom, im 20 years old, I do what I want.” We did what we wanted that night…sorry moms and dads.
It is a little strange talking about how I skinny-dipped in the ocean, but I did it and it was on my list, so there it is. Secrets don’t make friends right?

If you are reading my blog, become a follower because I love feedback and more bucket list ideas J See ya next week!
In other news... My blog has been an inspiration! Check out my friend Jill and her husband Mike's blog...

No comments: