Friday, March 4, 2011

Ismail Pasha PASHED through the Suez Canal


We all love the world and reading the news, we think we are nomads, we have nose rings, and we all had no idea what the Boer Wars of 1872 were up until last night.  Its mid-term week.  The week I realized that I had no idea what was really going on in my Europe and the World class, and neither did anyone else for that matter. 
We split up the 80-term study guide with 14 essay potential essays prompts and about 30 map terms.  It was rough.  We made up silly songs to remember things and assured ourselves we knew our stuff, but then the clock struck midnight.  Seeing as we weren’t finished, we needed a plan.  My suggestion was to go to a 24-hour coffee shop nearby, but Paige and Beth had other plans.  Their brilliant idea was to break into the library.  I didn’t think they were serious… they were.  Apparently people do this? I’m still confused to be honest. 
Paige hid in the stairwell while everything got locked up. The rest of us got the snack essentials: ruffles, french onion dip, and coffee to fuel us for the next couple hours.  We got the call that we were good to go.  We quickly walked to the front of the library and we were let in, fearing an alarm.  We hid in an area far from any windows and stayed until 3 am.  We casually walked out: smarter and much sleepier.

Trespassing? I think it counts.  Another thing to cross off my list....

2 comments:

  1. I just read this to my college roommate and we are VERY impressed. Way to trespass for a noble cause. Can't wait to hear what grade you get on the test :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. breaking and entering into a library on a christian campus....love it!

    ReplyDelete