Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a great day to be at the AIRPORT!







I can’t tell you how long I have wanted to do this, but I am pretty sure its been since high school. I remember not having a job and typing into Google, “ cool things to do for free,” there were things listed like: build a sand castle, find a new lookout spot, fly a kite, but then I landed on “people watch at the airport.” It was genius and wondered why I had never done it before. I love the airport because every memory I associate with the airport reminds me of an adventure. People, myself included, do some crazy things at the airport.

On Wednesday afternoon, I headed to the San Diego Airport and of course brought a friend, Carlie. Carlie thought this was the strangest thing, but I assured her it would be eventful. We staked out in baggage claim and watched the tourists and the ones returning home. Carlie’s favorite person was a little kid with a penguin backpack; mine was the guy with pink flowers. Have you every just looked at what people wear to the airport? I think it should be nationally declared that all women wear yoga pants or a sweatshirt when going on a flight. We laughed a ton while watching families trying to get all their belongings and smiled when we saw people being reunited. We decided to migrate from baggage claim, because we started feeling like creepers.

We walked around for a while, but it was pretty bare on a Wednesday, compared to LAX. As we walked, we came across a movie being filmed. It was so cool! It was a short film called Eyes to Eyes, so when it comes out check for me in the background shot! We watched as they did take after take, and decided that Carlie should take over the main characters role, because she wasn’t doing such a hot job.

As we were leaving the security guard asked us where we were from since we were taking pictures… I told him we were waiting for a friend and her plane got delayed… a white lie to keep him from thinking we were totally insane.

I ended the day by visiting my mom and her friend Kelli in La Jolla sea glass hunting. A new adventure and something I love doing consistently, all in one day. Another check from my bucket list…


2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, seriously you should submit all of these to a TV show or something. I liked the part about the security guy asking you what you were doing..hee hee. Good times in the airport!
    Loved seeing you in La Jolla too, that was an extra treat. Hope you liked your present and that it will encourage you to keep blogging away!

    Next time I go the airport, I think I may have to look around and see if there any "bucket list" observers watching me!

    love you and love reading about your fun adventures!

    you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete