Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the mailbox

Today I needed hope.  I found myself walking over to the mailbox: nervous, excited, anxious, and praying.  Praying that God was planting seeds in my family and friends’ hearts to support me and trust in me to spread love and truth into Africa.  I opened the mailbox and after a stack of endless coupons, God answered my prayer.  Three envelopes sat in my mailbox, addressed to me. Today I wasn’t concerned about the amount, but more the hope.  I opened the envelopes one by one and found myself smiling about each persons name, as I read their notes and thought about memories I have had with them and their families.  There was a total of $400 in the mailbox. I was not expecting that, God is revealing His promise to me.  As I fear the loss of hope, I challenge it. So stop trying to hide from me, because I will find you. :)


I also would like to mention that my dear friend Jill has decided to throw me a garage sale event to help raise money.  The sale will be in Orange County on May 7th, so please stop by!  More details about where and what time will appear in the weeks to come.  


3 comments:

  1. are you looking for donations for the garage sale? let me know; i might have some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! it is the hope/encouragement...I love the notes!! :)
    Keep trekkin' : )

    ReplyDelete